New York State Awards
Military Service Recognition Scholarship (MSRS)
· Provides financial aid to children, spouses and financial dependents of members of the armed forces of the United States or of a state organized militia who, at any time on or after Aug. 2, 1990, while a New York State resident, died or became severely and permanently disabled while engaged in hostilities or training for hostilities.
· Be enrolled as a full-time student taking 12 or more credits per semester.
· For study in New York State.
· Covers an amount equal to your actual tuition or the State University of New York’s (SUNY) in-state tuition, whichever is less.
· May also cover non-tuition costs such as books, supplies, and housing.
· Applications can be completed and submitted online here.
Veterans Tuition Award (VTA)
· Under this program, Vietnam, Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, or other eligible combat veterans matriculated at an undergraduate or graduate degree-granting institution or in an approved vocational training program in New York State.
· Awards for full or part-time study.
· Eligible for up to eight semesters of full-time undergraduate study in a four-year program.
· Applications can be completed online here.
Applications must apply for payment each year by completing the FAFSA application and linking to the TAP on the Web application.
- Hands On Wildlife Exhibit
- Sep 3, 2014
- Service Learning 101
- Sep 3, 2014
- Door to Door Golf Cart Rides
- Sep 8, 2014