- How do I make a donation to Hilbert College?
- How will my donation help Hilbert College?
- What kinds of outright giving options are there?
- Is my donation tax deductible?
- What is planned giving? What kinds of planned giving options are there?
- What are the advantages of planned giving?
- Does Hilbert have a matching program for employers who wish to match employee donations?
- I am an employer. How do I participate?
- I am an employee. How do I find out if my employer participates?
- How does support from corporations and foundations help Hilbert?
- What are some potential areas for foundations and corporations to fund?
- How do I create an endowed gift or scholarship?
1. How do I make a donation to Hilbert College?
To make a donation to Hilbert College, simply fill out the online donation form on the Make a Gift page, or call us at (716) 649-7900, ext. 300, or e-mail us and we'll be happy to mail you a pledge form.
2. How will my donation help Hilbert ?
A gift from you to Hilbert helps provide scholarship aid and funds faculty development; it assists with everyday expenses such as building operations; and it allows the college to explore new opportunities for growth. Specifically, thanks to the generosity of people like you, the first phase of a new student apartment complex is fully occupied and the second phase is well on the way to completion. The college has also added new faculty, more academic program options, such as majors in forensic science/ crime scene investigation, rehabilitation services and communication studies, and additional minors.
4. Is my donation tax deductible?
Gifts are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. In addition, gifts in the form of appreciated securities can earn extra tax advantages because not only do you get an income tax deduction, but you can also minimize capital gains tax.
5. What is planned giving? What kinds of planned giving options are there?
Planned giving refers to charitable gifts that are arranged with forethought and planning and are executed over an extended period of time or at some point in the future.
Hilbert offers several ways for donors to make planned gifts, including through life insurance, bequests, charitable remainder trusts, or charitable lead trusts.
6. What are the advantages of planned giving?
Planned gifts are a popular method of giving because they can provide tax benefits and sources of income. The advantages of planned giving include being able to make a larger charitable gift than you thought possible; a reasonable and reliable rate of return on low-yielding assets; minimizing capital gains tax; an immediate charitable income tax deduction; removal of assets from an estate and tax savings for heirs; continual personal use of an asset with promise for a future gift; and enhance value to assets other than cash when gifts are funded by appreciated securities, real estate, closely held stock, or life insurance.
7. Does Hilbert have a matching program for employers who wish to match employee donations?
Yes. Go to our Matching Gift section for more information.
8. I am an employer. How do I participate?
Contact Hilbert's Office of Institutional Advancement at (716) 649-7900, ext. 340 or e-mail us.
9. I am an employee. How do I find out if my employer participates?
To find out if your employer is a matching gift company, contact the personnel, human resources or community relations office where you work.
10. How does support from corporations and foundations help Hilbert? What are the benefits?
Your partnership with Hilbert College will allow us to continue offering excellent programs in the face of funding challenges; assure that our programs continue to be top quality; and assist in preparing our students for successful careers in their chosen fields.
Additionally, through corporate relations, we can use our assets to address the needs of our corporate partners. Some ways we have supported our corporate partners is through recruitment and hiring, internships, and faculty expertise.
11. What are some potential areas for foundations and corporations to fund?
Corporations and foundations fund many of the same programs that interest our individual donors, such as scholarships, building construction and maintenance, special academic projects and classroom support, research studies, and internship stipends.
12. How do I create an endowed gift or scholarship?
Building the Hilbert College endowment is one of the highest priorities for College leadership, allowing Hilbert to develop programs of lasting quality for students. Endowed gifts are meant to exist in perpetuity and are invested for long-term growth. Each year, approximately five percent of the endowment fund’s earnings are made available in the form of a payout supporting student scholarships and College programs. The Board of Trustees, in consultation with the College, may vary the spending rate to meet the needs of the endowment, adjust to market conditions, and ensure preservation of capital. Return on the endowment exceeding the normal spending allocation is typically held in reserve for years when the return does not meet the spending allocation.
- Photo Booth and Sandy Candy
- Dec 10, 2013
- Therapy Dogs
- Dec 12, 2013
- Last Class Session for Evening Classes
- Dec 12, 2013