Seventh Annual Awards Dinner and Athletics Hall of Fame Inductees
- Release Date:
- October 3, 2012
- Matt Heidt, email@example.com
HAMBURG, N.Y. – On Friday, October 5 Hilbert College will honor alumni and friends of the college who personify Hilbert’s core values and tradition of integrity and excellence during the seventh annual San Damiano awards dinner. Also recognized at the dinner will be the Hilbert College Athletics Hall of Fame Inductees. The awards dinner will be held at 6:00 p.m. at Romanello’s South restaurant in Hamburg, and will include a silent auction to support student scholarships.
The honorees recognized during the evening bring merit to themselves and Hilbert through their contributions to society, personal and professional success and support to the College.
Award recipients for 2012 are:
Athletics Hall of Fame Inductee – Recognizes former Hilbert student-athletes, coaches and supporters who have contributed to the success of the college both on and off the athletic field.
- Autumn Lee-Jeffries ’07 of Buffalo, NY – The women’s basketball program’s All Time Leading scorer is ranked in the top five in nine different statistical categories. She currently serves as a director of residential services for Autism Services, Inc.
- Shannon Bieniek ’04 of West Seneca, NY – Recorded the most game-winning goals in the history of the women’s soccer program besides being ranked in the top three in eight different statistical categories. The economic crime investigation-computer security graduate currently works for the FBI in New York City.
Dominique Thompson Alumni of the Year Award – Given to the individual who demonstrates Hilbert’s Franciscan values and encompasses the true spirit of the college
- Carol Palczewski ’94 – A former Hilbert trustee and owner of Scandia Tours and Travel, she is involved with annual scholarship golf tournament and the Child Advocacy Group.
Sister Adrienne Faculty / Staff Lifetime Achievement Award – Presented to a past or current faculty/staff member who emulates the characteristics that Sister Adrienne Rapnicki, FSSJ, exhibited during her tenure at Hilbert.
- Mary Ann Hobar ’96 - Assistant chair of forensic science and crime scene investigation department at Hilbert College with over 25 years of experience in law enforcement in areas of expertise that include criminal investigations, drugs and crime, and juvenile delinquency.
G.O.L.D (Graduate of the Last Decade) Award - Presented to Hilbert graduates of the last decade who have achieved career success and demonstrated significant volunteer service to their communities and/or Hilbert.
- Rosalie Herberger ’10 - A criminal justice major at Hilbert, she graduated summa cum laude and now works for the Secret Service in DC.
- Jessie Roland ’12 – The criminal justice major now works for the Fireman’s Association of the State of New York and was recently featured in FASNY’s national ad campaign.
Hilbert College Franciscan Values Award (non-alum) – Presented to a friend of Hilbert who exemplifies the principles in which the college was founded and who has distinguished him/herself in their career and the community.
- Michael Gacioch - President of National Property Management Associates, the former Hilbert trustee is active with the Boys and Girls Club of Orchard Park.
St. Clare Student of the Year Award – Presented to a current student who has distinguished him or herself at Hilbert and in the community, as well as exemplifies the college’s Franciscan mission and tradition.
- Adam Clabo ’13 - Accounting major and SGA treasurer, is an active volunteer with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Tickets are $45 per person, $80 per couple or $375 per table of 10. RSVPs are due by Oct 1. To register or for additional information, contact Alaina Houseknecht, special events coordinator, at 926-8938 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hilbert College, located in suburban Hamburg, N.Y., south of Buffalo, is a private four-year college founded in 1957 in the Catholic Franciscan tradition. With nearly 1,100 students, Hilbert is a dynamic Western New York college that offers career-focused majors, including one of the top criminal justice programs in the region, and more than 50 minors and concentrations. The college’s engaging, student-centered campus community offers numerous leadership, internship, and service learning opportunities from which students launch successful careers while making positive changes in their communities. The Hilbert Blueprint promotes a well-rounded student experience over four years – starting with the Foundations Seminar in the freshman year, followed by Sophomore Service, Junior Symposium, and culminating with the Senior Capstone. Hilbert has expanded its academic offerings with the college’s first graduate programs and new Accelerated Degree Programs geared to adult learners.
- First Year Student Orientation
- Aug 14, 2015
- Summer Session A2 Ends
- Aug 21, 2015
- First Year Student Orientation
- Aug 28, 2015