For some students, a psychology degree can compliment additional fields of study and professional interests, which open up career opportunities in marketing, public relations, business administration, social work, and education. For others, a degree in psychology may be a step in the educational process in training as a psychologist in social, developmental, forensic or other areas of psychology.
Admission to graduate school generally requires a strong background in psychology and relevant experiences, high grades (B+ and above) and admission test scores, and letters of recommendation from faculty with whom you have worked closely over an extended period of time. Several graduates from our program have furthered their training at the master- and doctoral-levels in specialized areas of psychology such as rehabilitation counseling, educational psychology, and social/organizational psychology.
Because the understanding of human behavior can be quite valuable, psychology courses are also often required within various other undergraduate programs. For example, management students learn about group processes, decision-making, motivation, and individual differences. Criminal justice students learn about diversity, development of the healthy vs. unhealthy personality, and the basis of abnormal behavior.
Why Study Psychology at Hilbert?
There are several advantages to studying psychology at Hilbert:
- Opportunity to conduct an independent research project under professor's guidance.
- A student/teacher ratio of 14:1.
- Day, evening and online courses to accommodate your busy schedule.
- Chance to minor in one of more than a dozen academic areas.
- Opportunity to learn from top-notch professors who have real-world experience in the field of psychology.
- Job search guidance in the profession.
- Outstanding job opportunities after graduation.
- Develop invaluable relationships with professors that last long after you've graduated.
- CAW: Reflections of a Hip-Hop Culture: Commercialism vs. Social Consciousness
- Oct 22, 2014
- CAW: Film Viewing Miss Representation
- Oct 22, 2014
- CAW: Cultural Bazaar
- Oct 23, 2014