The mission of the Office of Multicultural Affairs at Hilbert College is to build an inclusive campus environment that promotes diversity awareness, academic excellence, multicultural education, student learning and development.
Our office envisions the campus community as a teaching and service community that, creates holistic and diverse learning experiences for students, faculty, and staff through programming, collaboration, and community outreach.
- To expose students to diverse perspectives and promote advocacy for social justice among students
- To promote and encourage awareness of diversity throughout the community by offering a wide range of programs, services, and activities
- To promote academic progress and success by engaging students through multicultural acknowledgements that celebrate the individual and collective experiences and contributions of all students
- To provide support for student organizations and/or clubs while offering additional opportunities to connect with external constituencies and support groups
The Office of Multicultural Affairs at Hilbert College is committed to building an environment that values and respects every person regardless of gender, age, race, sexual preference, socioeconomic level, physical ability, cultural background, religion, nationality, or beliefs. Our mission is grounded in Franciscan values, and we are committed to creating an inclusive campus environment that embraces these core values (e.g., respect, service, compassion, peace, integrity, and vision) through the promotion of diversity education, celebration, and evaluation. The office serves as a consultant and provides guidance on issues related to diversity and multicultural education for faculty, staff, and students.
- Academic Advisement & Registration for Spring 2015 begins
- Nov 3, 2014
- Nov 3, 2014
- Macy's Recruiter
- Nov 4, 2014