Update from the Comeback Task Force
Wednesday, August 5, 2020
We are thankful for the Hilbert College community’s support in making sure our return to campus is safe and healthy for our entire population.
Below is some detailed information on the most frequently asked questions we are receiving. As always, should you have any questions that are not answered on on this website you can submit a question via this online form.
- Classes will be delivered face-to-face and we will be practicing social distancing and wearing masks in the classroom.
- All classrooms are equipped with a webcam and can be synchronously taught with Zoom capabilities for those with documented needs. Students must fill out this form to obtain accommodations. https://www.hilbert.edu/academics/student-services/disability-services/temporary-disability
- No changes have been made to the class schedules.
- All class sessions (except online) will be provided within a classroom space on campus for students to attend at their scheduled time.
- Fall sports will be practicing, but not participating in any competition.
- Return dates for student-athletes have shifted from the week of August 17th to the week of August 24th.
- The AMCC’s goal (COVID-pending) is for athletic competition to occur for all sports in 2021 (spring semester).
- Fitness Center operations will follow NYS Fitness Center guidelines and will not open until permitted by NYS.
- Athletics information continues to change regularly and athletics department staff will continue to provide updates directly to student-athletes.
- All classrooms are equipped with a webcam. Students with documented needs can request remote access with Zoom in the classroom for synchronous instruction.
- All employees needing accommodations must go through Human Resources. Information is available in the COVID-19 Response Manual.
Facilities and Cleaning:
- Campus has been sanitized and will continue to be as our community returns to campus.
- Additional information on our Elevated Disinfection Protocol is available in the COVID-19 Response Manual.
Health and Safety:
- Masks must be worn at all times. The only times masks do not need to be worn include:
- Athletes engaging in training activities.
- Individuals alone in a vehicle, walking outdoors or in private offices when the door is closed.
- Residential students when they are in their private bedroom.
- Individuals who are eating or drinking, with the understanding that they are maintaining six feet distance with others.
- Employees are required to complete health screening every day they are on campus.
- Students must complete health screening twice a week.
- Employee Health Kits can be picked up in Campus Safety.
- Residential students will get their health kits during move in.
- Commuting students can pick up their health kits in Franciscan Hall during Welcome Week.
- The college has a small number of students who will quarantine (due to coming from out of state) on campus from August 7th- August 21st.
- Students will receive a COVID test while in quarantine.
- Residential students will move in from August 22nd- 29th in shifts to reduce density on campus.
- All students must schedule an appointment with residence life to move on campus.
- No student will be moving into a space until after quarantines are complete.
- Student Activities and Student Life will continue to host programs and events on campus with appropriate restrictions.
Again, should you have any questions that are not answered here, you can submit a question via this online form.
The Hilbert College Comeback Task Force