For media inquiries and interview requests, please contact the Office of Marketing & Communications.
Executive Director of Marketing & Communications
Bogel Hall 140D
The Hilbert College San Damiano Awards honor alumni and friends of the college who personify Hilbert’s core values and tradition of integrity and excellence. Also recognized at the reception are the Hilbert College Athletics Hall of Fame Inductees.
The 10th Annual San Damiano Awards Reception will kick off True Blue Weekend at Hilbert. True Blue Weekend welcomes alumni, parents and families, and current students to celebrate Hilbert all weekend. The San Damiano Awards Receptions is set for Friday, October 2. The awards reception will begin at 5:30 p.m. on the quad at Hilbert College with award presentations following in the Franciscan Hall Atrium. The night will include a silent auction to support student scholarships. For more information visit: www.hilbert.edu/trueblue
Dominique Thompson Alumni of the Year Award – Given to the individual who demonstrates Hilbert’s Franciscan values and encompasses the true spirit of the college.
• Daniel Jachlewski ‘99 – is an executive recruiter at EGW Personnel. He is a current alumni association board member and former president of the alumni board. He coaches West Seneca Youth Baseball.
Sister Adrienne Faculty / Staff Lifetime Achievement Award – Presented to a past or current faculty/staff member who emulates the characteristics that Sister Adrienne Rapnicki, FSSJ, exhibited during her tenure at Hilbert.
• Barbara Bonanno – recently retired from Hilbert after 25 years of service, joined the Hilbert faculty in 1990. She embodies the Franciscan Spirit of Hilbert College. She served Hilbert well in her most recent position as Director of Mission Integration and Campus Ministry and previously as the Director of the Library.
G.O.L.D (Graduate of the Last Decade) Award – Presented to Hilbert graduates of the last decade who have achieved career success and demonstrated significant volunteer service to their communities and/or Hilbert.
• Jacob Bickelman ‘08 – An Economic Crime major at Hilbert, he graduated with honors and now works for Kraft Foods as their Customer Category Manager, Beverages in Nashville, Tenn. Past president of the Student Government Association and past vice-president of Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE).
Hilbert College Franciscan Values Award (non-alum) – Presented to a friend of Hilbert, who exemplifies the principles in which the college was founded and who has distinguished him/herself in their career and the community.
• Ann Swan – A Hilbert College trustee from 2004 to 2015 and chair of the board from 2010 to 2013. She received Hilbert’s President’s Medal in 2012. She received the National Philanthropy Day Distinguished Honoree award in 2001. She serves on many non-profit boards in the Western New York area, including the Foundation of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Buffalo, Gilda’s Club. She was a past chair of the United Way’s Day of Caring and a member of the Buffalo Club.
St. Clare Student of the Year Award – Presented to a current student who has distinguished him/herself at Hilbert and in the community, as well as exemplifies the college’s Franciscan mission and tradition.
• Melody Cole ‘16 – Economic Crime major and an Admissions Ambassador; is an active volunteer with various organizations on campus.
Athletics Hall of Fame Inductees – Recognizes former Hilbert student-athletes, coaches and supporters who have contributed to the success of the college both on and off the athletic field.
• Kelly Goodwin Andol ‘09 originally from Niagara Falls, N.Y. – The softball program’s all-time leader in games played and started as well as the leader in runs scored and hits, also became the first student-athlete at Hilbert College to be recognized by the NCAA as the Toughest to Strike Out 2009 statistical champion. Additionally, Goodwin is the women’s soccer program’s leader with most ties (5) during her four-year career in goal. A true student-athlete, Goodwin was named to the AMCC Academic All-Conference team each year and served as an admissions ambassador as an undergraduate. Goodwin is a mental health counselor at Catholic Charities.
• Greg Ufland ‘07 originally from Buffalo, N.Y. – A versatile athlete who earned 13 varsity letters. Ufland capped his basketball career off as an AMCC Third Team All-Conference selection guiding the Hawks to back-to-back AMCC post season play-off appearances his final two seasons. He still holds the program’s No. 2 ranking in several 3-point shooting categories. The former Bishop Timon product continues to be ranked as the baseball program’s leader in most appearances on the mound and one of the top six players in four other pitching categories. He was a three-time AMCC Academic All-Conference selection and competed on the Hawks’ golf (three seasons) and cross country (two seasons) teams. Ufland is currently an Immigration Service Officer in Albany, NY.
-- www.hilbert.edu --
Hilbert College, located in suburban Hamburg, N.Y., south of Buffalo, is a private four-year college founded in 1957 in the Catholic Franciscan tradition. With nearly 1,100 students, Hilbert is a dynamic Western New York college that offers career-focused majors, including one of the top criminal justice programs in the region, and more than 50 minors and concentrations. The college’s engaging, student-centered campus community offers numerous leadership, internship, and service learning opportunities from which students launch successful careers while making positive changes in their communities. The Hilbert Blueprint promotes a well-rounded student experience over four years – starting with the Foundations Seminar in the freshman year, followed by Sophomore Service, Junior Symposium, and culminating with the Senior Capstone. Hilbert has expanded its academic offerings with the college’s first graduate programs and adult and evening programs geared toward working adults.
Application forms, procedures and additional information
There are many ways to experience
Hilbert for yourself
Learn more about the programs that interest you