During the academic year, the Office of Residence Life does not permit room changes. The only way the office will approve a room change is:
- A student's personal safety is at risk and is reported to the Director of Residence Life
- There is a space available in a room and all students who share the bathroom consent to a student filling the vacant space
- If there is a one for one swap in a suite/ adjoining room
- The Room Exchange is active
In order to get your room change, a conversation with the Director of Residence Life must occur. The Director may give students specific instructions in order to move forward with a move including having their RA host a roommate mediation.
The Office of Residence Life does not promote the moving of students without conversations unless there is a threat to someone's personal safety. The Office of Residence Life can also authorize moves to accommodate new residents to housing, if there is an available unoccupied space or if a situation calls for an involuntary move.
The Office of Residence Life will host The Room Exchange once a year to help residents relocate mid-year if they choose a new living environment or new roommates. This is a student driven program.
We encourage students to engage in conversation with one another and help find themselves their ideal room and roommates for the spring semester.
Room Exchanges will only be denied for three reasons:
Residence Life will honor all other swaps.
- The space is not available
- A traditional first year student (18 years old) cannot live with someone who is 21 years old or turning 21 during the spring of 2018
- Bathroom mates do not identify as the same gender
Residents with an empty space in their room will participate in consolidation unless they choose to pay for a single room.
Have questions? Email us at email@example.com or stop by our office.
New students or commuters can participate as well
- Forms become available: Monday, October 23, 2017
-All documentation is emailed to residents and found online
- Forms due: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 10 AM (Thanksgiving Hall Closing)
- Notice of Exchange: Friday, December 1, 2017 or sooner
-Residents will be emailed if their swap was approved.
- The Room Exchange: Thursday, December 7, 2017- Saturday, December 16, 2017
-Residents can swap sooner if space and timing permits.
. As long as you have paid a $125 housing deposit, you can choose your placement over have Residence Life choose for you. Move in dates for new residents will be emailed to students before the inter-semester break.