A roommate can be a cohort, tutor, and adviser. They can also be the friend with whom you share the fun and pressures of your college years. We hope the relationships you build with your roommate will continue long after you leave Hilbert College.
We all have rights, especially as roommates. You and your roommate have the right to ...
- read and study in your room without undue disturbance.
- sleep without undue disturbance.
- expect each will respect the others personal belongings.
- live in a clean environment.
- free access to your room or apartment without interference.
- personal privacy.
- host guests, provided the guests respect roommate's rights and those of other hall residents.
- be free from fear of intimidation and physical or emotional harm.
- refuse requests without having to feel guilty or selfish.
- feel or express anger.
- make mistakes.
- have opinions, feelings, and needs be given respect and consideration.
- be independent.
- expect reasonable cooperation regarding use of your room.