International Students

Consider Hilbert College!

As an international student, we invite you to become a part of our close-knit community with outstanding academic programs and a welcoming learning environment.

Hilbert College is located in Hamburg, New York and is about a 15 minute drive from downtown Buffalo and the Peace Bridge, which connects Buffalo to Ontario, Canada. The Buffalo International Airport is about 17 miles away from campus.

Our 60-acre campus is located in a very safe suburban community. Hilbert currently has housing available for approximately 300 undergraduate students.

To become a Hilbert student, you must have a command of the English language as classes at the College are conducted in English and your assignments, papers, and tests must be written in acceptable English.

Admission Requirements

  • Admission is based upon past academic performance, demonstrated ability and personal characteristics.
  • Students are considered for admission without regard to their age, race, creed, sex, ethnic background, or physical handicap.
  • Students should have a strong command of both written and spoken English.
  • Students should be prepared to cover the cost of a Hilbert education without financial assistance prior to the college issuing any immigration documents.
  • In order to be considered for admission, results of a recent TOEFL exam should be submitted to Hilbert College; a minimum score of 500 (PBT)) or 70 (IBT) is required. A 5.4 of the IELTS is also acceptable.
  • All full-time or part-time students born on or after Jan. 1, 1957 are required to submit verification of immunization for mumps, rubella, and measles prior to attending college.
  • Transcripts- We need all official high school/secondary school transcripts and academic records verifying successful completion of secondary education. If you have not yet graduated at the time of application, please send your most current official transcripts. All international applicants must submit final official high school transcripts. Students with a high school degree but no university credit will be considred as a freshman and students with some university coursework will be considered transfer students. You must also submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities (post-secondary institutions) that you attend(ed). If you are interested in transferring previous course credit from a foreign university to Hilbert, we will need course descriptions or syllabi (in English) in order to evaluate your credit. Transcripts without course descriptions or syllabi are acceptable for admission purposes but will not be evaluated for possible transfer credit. 
  • All international documents must be accompanied by official English translations if the originals are in another language and all documents must be original in order to be considered official. Faxes or photocopies are not acceptable unless certified by a Ministry of Education, school, or US embassy official and will be evaluated on a case by case basis. We also encourage and accept evaluations by World Education Services and Educational Credential Evaluators.

VISA Information

  • Proper paperwork for study in the USA is required. The paperwork necessary to apply for a student visa can be found below. Please print out the forms, fill out the information requested and attach any supporting documents required. 
  • Questions can be sent to





 Virtual Tour