Hilbert's paralegal program provides a strong combination of both theory and practice. Coursework emphasizes problem solving, the application of critical thinking and legal analysis in practical exercises, and an elective internship program provides you with opportunities for hands-on experience in law firms, courts, corporations, government agencies, and legal services agencies.
Several concentrations reflect current practice trends, such as business/corporate, litigation and legal research. You can select courses that focus on your career objectives in a specialized area of the law. The coursework is supplemented by placement in an internship position allowing real-work experience in the area of your concentration.
Paralegal graduates work in a diverse settings, including public and private law firms, government agencies, courts, financial institutions, and corporate legal departments. Some graduates also use paralegal training to work at insurance companies, human service agencies and in other law-related professions. Paralegals may not directly provide legal services to the public, except as permitted by law.
Why Enroll in the paralegal program?
- Choice between a bachelor's or associate's degree, depending on your educational goals.
- Opportunity to earn college credit while interning at a variety of local agencies and organizations, giving you practical experience that can lead to a full-time job.
- Unmatched personal attention and academic advisement.
- Opportunity to learn from top-notch professors who have real-world experience in the legal profession.
- Job search guidance in the profession.
- Outstanding job opportunities after graduation.
- Develop invaluable relationships with faculty that last long after you've graduated.
- Student/professor ratio 14:1
- Flexible course scheduling with day, evening, hybrid and online options
- Choice of over 50 minors and concentrations outside your major.
- Graduate studies placement assistance.
- Fall Open House (Athletic Featured)
- Dec 6, 2014
- Thanksgiving Recess -No Classes
- Nov 29, 2014
- Photo Ornaments
- Dec 1, 2014