Sophisticated technology has given rise to new kinds of crime, from corporate accounting scandals to identity theft and cyber-terrorism.
- Career Advantage: Emphasis in both the technical and managerial sides of the cybersecurity field prepares students for careers in business, government, and law enforcement.
- Integrated Ethics: Ethics content is integrated at all levels of the curriculum to prepare students for the challenges of technology leadership.
- Hands-On: Students gain practical, hands-on experience with the latest hardware and systems.
- Flexibility: Hilbert College offers flexible class options, including on-campus and online.
- Expert Faculty: Program faculty have extensive industry experience.
- Industry Standard: Cybersecurity students gain the knowledge required to pass industry recognized cybersecurity certifications such as the ComptTIA Network+, ComptTIA Security+ and Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) examinations.
Learn by doing
Hilbert’s cybersecurity students get practical hands-on experience in our dedicated lab to simulate security breaches. The lab is equipped with the latest technological hardware and software in use in the field.
are available to help students put their knowledge to use in real-world settings.
What Can I Do With This Major?
To deal with the rise in high-tech crime, corporate and government employers need qualified professionals with computer, digital forensics and investigative skills.
Hilbert’s cybersecurity graduates will be able to pursue careers as:
- Intelligence analysts
- Computer crimes special investigators
- Information assurance specialists
- Credit card fraud investigators
- Health insurance special investigators
- Money laundering analysts
- Network administrators
- Bank security compliance officers
- Compliance, risk management and fraud supervisors
- Digital forensics examiners