A digital media and communication internship is a unique opportunity to gain practical, hands-on work experience in a professional environment. It allows you to take what you've learned in the classroom and apply it to a real-work setting.
Internships take place during the fall, spring or summer semesters and you'll receive academic credit for your efforts. This is your chance to make contributions to an organization and to demonstrate your potential value as a full-time employee after graduation.
Benefits of Doing an Internship
A digital media and communication internship provides you with the opportunity to:
- Gain valuable work experience in communications before graduating.
- Check out your interest in the field.
- Clarify your interests and strengths, as well the weaknesses you need to work on.
- Find out about additional job possibilities.
- Develop your intellectual, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Gain relevant experience and skills, giving you greater potential to be hired by the organization you're serving as an intern.
- Network with professionals in the communications field.
- Gain a sense of self-confidence and professionalism.
- Bring classroom learning to life.
- Increase your job marketability in the communications field.
- Narrow your focus and clarify your career goals.