Welcome to Hilbert College!
We are excited for you to join our Hilbert College community and we are busy preparing for your arrival in January. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our community and showing you the many opportunities and resources that are available at Hilbert.
Our New Student Orientation is the beginning of a very exciting and important first step in your college journey. This January, New Student Orientation will consist of two major components.
The first component is a virtual experience available through a Blackboard online course. In this online course, you will learn more about campus resources and the expectations for Hilbert students. Your access to this course in Blackboard will be made available the week of January 4th and you will have the ability to complete its sections as your time allows prior to the start of the semester.
The second component will be a live, virtual meet-up using Zoom where you will have the opportunity to meet with other new students, faculty, staff, and peer leaders. This live Zoom orientation event will happen on Thursday, January 21st from 6 to 8 p.m.
These experiences will help you get started with making the transition to Hilbert College, including:
- Understanding the mission, history, programs and values of Hilbert College including the legacy of the Franciscan Sisters of St. Joseph and the impact of the Franciscan charism,
- Learning about campus services and resources that will enhance your academic success and overall college experience,
- Recognizing the importance of student involvement on campus and taking responsibility and initiative for your own academic and personal development,
- Understanding your rights and responsibilities within the campus community, and
- Interacting with the Hilbert College community to feel confident and excited about joining the community.
You will receive more detailed information about instructions, timelines and action steps via your Hilbert email. Please sure to check your email regularly. If you have any questions in the interim, please reach out to Rachel Wozniak, Director of Service Learning & Community Engagement at email@example.com.
We can’t wait to see you online next month and meet you in person when classes begin on Monday, January 25th. Go Hawks!