Welcome to Hilbert College!
Congratulations on your admission to Hilbert College. We are excited to welcome you as a member of our community in the fall and look forward to supporting your academic journey. We are working hard to prepare for your arrival.
This summer, New Student Orientation will be provided online. All new students who have deposited and are registered for classes will be automatically enrolled in New Student Orientation in Blackboard the week of July 20th. There will be no need for students to register or RSVP for orientation this summer.
Your Pre-New Student Orientation and your New Student Orientation experience will consist of required online orientation courses on Blackboard, a required, virtual meet-up with Faculty and Peer Leaders on July 22nd or July 23rd, live ‘Hawk Talks’ on social media (optional) and additional events in July (July 22nd at 7pm for a Virtual Free Money Game Show, and July 25th at 10pm for our Virtual Escape Room) and August to connect with members of the Hilbert community and your classmates.
These experiences will help you get started with making the transition to Hilbert College, including:
- Understanding the mission, history, programs and values of Hilbert College including the legacy of the Franciscan Sisters of St. Joseph and the impact of the Franciscan charism,
- Learning about campus services and resources that will enhance your academic success and overall college experience,
- Recognizing the importance of student involvement on campus and taking responsibility and initiative for your own academic and personal development,
- Understanding your rights and responsibilities within the campus community, and
- Interacting with the Hilbert College community to feel confident and excited about joining the community.
For information on how to access your Pre-New Student Orientation see the instructions below. You will receive more detailed information about instructions, timelines and action steps via your Hilbert email in July. Be sure to check your email regularly.
Pre-New Student Orientation
It is important that you complete Pre-New Student Orientation items prior to New Student Orientation that begins on July 20th. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Wozniak, Director of Service Learning & Community Engagement, at email@example.com.
How to Access your online Pre-New Student Orientation course:
- Access your ‘Pre-New Student Orientation’ course through Blackboard, using your Hilbert username and password.
- Access to Blackboard is coordinated with the same username and password used to access the school's network. Your username is the portion of your email address before “@hilbert.edu”.If you have trouble logging in to Blackboard, please contact Rachel Wozniak at firstname.lastname@example.org or the IT Help Desk at email@example.com.
- Once you are logged in to Blackboard, navigate to ‘Courses’ on the left side of the page and select ‘Pre-New Student Orientation’.
- Check the menu on the left for the important items in your Pre-NSO course.
- For best results, we recommend using Google Chrome to access Blackboard.