Hilbert Community Testing Numbers
Total test administered
POSITIVE CASES | UPDATE - January 23, 2021
There are 11 positive cases of COVID-19 in the Hilbert community over the past 14 days. When a student or employee who has been on campus tests positive, the college and public health officials will notify anyone who may have had close contact with that person. The Erie County Department of Health will be notified on a daily basis of cases on campus and they have assigned contact tracers to the cases. Please contact Dr. Christopher Siuta, Director, Counseling, Health, & Wellness at 716-926-8930 or email@example.com for any questions or concerns.
Information on all NYS colleges and universities is available via the School COVID-19 Report Card at https://schoolcovidreportcard.health.ny.gov/#/home.
Active Cases - Updated
| Students living on campus
| Students living off-campus, taking class(es) on-campus
| Employees working on-campus
| Total on-campus cases counting towards NYS 100-case threshold to move to remote learning.
| Students living off-campus, taking class(es) remotely
| Employees working remotely
Office of the President
January 8, 2021
The campus is preparing to welcome back faculty, staff, and students for the Spring 2021 semester. I wanted to provide you all with some quick reminders and, as always, you can refer to the COVID-19 Response Manual >>> posted online for more details.
Health and Safety:
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Social distancing will remain in place.
- Students must fill out this form to obtain accommodations. https://www.hilbert.edu/academics/student-services/disability-services/temporary-disability
- All employees needing accommodations must go through Human Resources and/or their Senior Staff representative. Information is available in the COVID-19 Response Manual.
- COVID-19 rapid testing is available in partnership with the Inspired Health Group.
- You can contact Inspired Health Group at 716-662-7008 or Dr. Christopher Siuta in the Wellness Center at 716-926-8930 with any further questions about our health services during the pandemic.
- Campus has been sanitized and will continue to be as our community returns to campus.
- Residential students will receive additional information from the Residence Life Office.
- Student Activities and Student Life will continue to host programs and events on campus with appropriate restrictions.
Should you have any questions that are not answered here, you can submit a question via this online form.
We will communicate with all of you as soon as we learn of any new developments, and this website will be kept up to date as it has been throughout the pandemic.
Michael S. Brophy, Ph.D.