Why should you get certified?
- Training will be required by fall 2016 for all online and hybrid courses and programs.
- Follow federal and state regulations for content and course delivery for online and hybrid courses.
- Instruction time
- In class experience is offered in an online format
- Provides consistency for students across programs.
- Preserves the integrity of our online and hybrid programs.
What is the Distance Learning Certification course?
- 5 week asynchronous course
- You will be a “student” in this online course
- Provides you with the opportunity to view the student perspective in an online environment
- Teaching pedagogies
- Blackboard Learn basics
- Blackboard “check list”
- Additional Blackboard tools to choose from
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Web conferencing software
- Time on Task
- By the end of this course you will have a structured course built in Blackboard for hybrid teaching.
- You will be able to successfully create online lectures through web conferencing.
- You will have a working knowledge of the tools you need to teach an online course.
- You will be able to demonstrate success of student outcomes through the use of Blackboard goals and reports.
Completion of the 5 week Distance Learning Certification course
- Actively participates
- Completes all assignments and requirements
- Develop an online/hybrid course modeling the skills learned in the 5 week course
- Review process of your completed online/hybrid course
- Final course will be evaluated and reviewed
- Feedback and recommendations will be provided
- Recertify every 2 years