Careers & Resources
Criminal Justice & Forensic Science
Factors for Employment
Factors for employment are agency-dependent issues students have some control over and should be aware of in order to be employable in the CJ/FS realm, whether as an intern or employee.
- Vision requirements
- Physical fitness requirements
- Tattoo visibility
- Social media posts
- Background checks
- drug usage
- criminal history
- driving records
- credit history
- personal associations
- and/or past work performance
- In addition, they may include drug tests, polygraph examinations, and physical and medical examinations.
Prior misdemeanor and/or felony conviction may impede a student's ability to participate in an internship experience as well as gain employment.
Campus and Community Events
Citizen Police Academy announced by Town of Evans Police!
- Runs Thursdays 1/31-3/21/2019 - APPLY by 1/26/2019
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have never been arrested, be of good moral character, and pass a background check
This is a great opportunity to get some experience and network!
Check out more events at the links below: