Military Service Recognition Scholarship (MSRS)
Provides financial aid to children, spouses and financial dependents of members of the armed forces of the United States or of a state organized militia who, at any time on or after Aug. 2, 1990, while a New York State resident, died or became severely and permanently disabled while engaged in hostilities or training for hostilities.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student taking 12 or more credits per semester.
- For study in New York state.
- Covers an amount equal to your actual tuition or the State University of New York’s (SUNY) in-state tuition, whichever is less.
- May also cover non-tuition costs such as books, supplies, and housing.
Veterans Tuition Award (VTA)
Under this program, Vietnam, Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, or other eligible combat veterans matriculated at an undergraduate or graduate degree-granting institution or in an approved vocational training program in New York state.
- Awards for full- or part-time study.
- Eligible for up to eight semesters of full-time undergraduate study in a four-year program.
Applications must apply for payment each year by completing the FAFSA application and linking to the TAP on the Web application.