How do I apply?
The application can be completed online. Once you have applied for benefits you will need to provide the Veterans Certifying Official with a copy of your DD214 (if applicable) and a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility. This document is mailed directly from the Department of Veterans Affairs when your application has been processed and approved.

How much am I eligible for?
Payment amounts can be affected by the amount of credits you enroll for, the number of days in the month, or if you decide to take all of your coursework through distance education. Current payment rates and additional information can be located on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.

Should I apply for Financial Aid?
All students can apply for financial aid by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application can be can be for grants, loans and/or work-study. The school code for Hilbert College is 002735. New York State residents may also apply for state aid through NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC). The NYS TAP code is 2083.

Is Hilbert College a Yellow Ribbon School?
Yes, as a student attending a private college you will be eligible for maximum tuition and fee amount per academic year. If you reach that maximum, you may be eligible to receive the Yellow Ribbon Benefit.

How do I verify my monthly enrollment?
Students receiving Chapter 30, Chapter 1606, Chapter 1607 benefits must verify their enrollment on the last calendar day of the month by using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE). If you do not already have a login/pin you will need to follow the directions on the WAVE page to set up a secure account. You may also call toll free at 1-877-823-2378.

Can I receive credit for my military training?
Yes, you may request your military transcripts using the links provided below and have them evaluated.

MFS19-20_Bronze_300x300            Student Veterans Association          Yellow Ribbon School