The online/hybrid student orientation is being offered as a self-paced online course on Blackboard. The course focuses on three main areas to prepare you to be successful in your online or hybrid course: Hilbert IT Resources, Blackboard Basics, and Blackboard Tools. The course is self-paced and includes different helpful websites and videos. On average the course will take about 1 hour to complete. After completing the course you will be provided with a certificate of completion that you can provide to your instructor. Additional information is provided in the course details.
To self-enroll in the Student Online/Hybrid Training course:
- Login to Blackboard
- Click on “Clubs & Organizations” in the top navigation.
- Select the “Student Online/Hybrid Training” link.
- Select “+Enroll” in the left course navigation and click “Submit” on the Self Enrollment page.
- Logout and log back in to Blackboard to refresh your course list.
- The “Student Online/Hybrid Training” course will appear under “My Courses” on your Blackboard homepage.
- Begin by reading the details under the section labeled “Start Here”.
You can access Blackboard by going to the following website: https://blackboard.hilbert.edu. Your username and password for Blackboard is the same as your Hilbert computer account. If you do not have a username or password, please contact the Hilbert IT Help Desk. Additionally, you can contact them during the semester if you have any technical problems.
The following topics will be covered during the training course:
- Navigating your course content in Blackboard Learn (lectures, PowerPoint’s, documents, discussion forums, and other course content)
- Blackboard Collaborate – used for class lectures
- Communicating with your professor (Blackboard and Hilbert email)
- Overview of Hilbert email account
- Computer account (computer access on campus, profiles, printing)
- Wireless access on campus
- Technical help – contacting the IT Help Desk
If you need additional information regarding Blackboard here is a list of helpful resources:
Blackboard Learn: For Students – YouTube Channel
The Official Blackboard Help Site
Hilbert College IT Help Desk Contact Information