Living on campus can be a life changing experience. With our intentional interactions, engaging programs and clean community; we strive make sure students enjoy living on campus, while having a safe and healthy experience.
Being a residential student means being a part of a bigger community. Our Resident Assistants utilize our programming model inspired with the Franciscan values to assure we are developing the whole student.
We hope to uphold these expectations of life-long learning with every opportunity we provide in Residence Life.
Have questions? Find answers on our Current Student FAQs page.
Resident Assistant Applications
Resident Assistants (RAs) are student staff members for the Office of Residence Life. As an RA, you provide assistance, information, help and support to resident students. RAs have a lot of enthusiasm, commitment and flexibility to work in the residence halls' dynamic and changing environment. RAs live on campus in one of the wings or units in the residence halls.
Resident Assistant Responsibilities:
- Getting to know each resident who lives in the residence hall area they oversee.
- Familiarizing residents with residence hall rules and regulations, as well as the rights and responsibilities of residents.
- Assisting with the enforcement of rules, rights and responsibilities.
- Helping students maintain an environment conducive to learning.
- Being on call to respond to emergency situations on a rotating basis from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. daily.
- Acting as liaisons between residents and the Office of Residence Life.
- Assisting in the development of social and educational activities.
- Facilitating student-to-student and student-to-staff interaction.
- Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are due by March 20, 2023.
- Requirements to apply:
- Resume review by the Office of Career Development
- Two recommendation forms completed by faculty or staff on the candidates behalf
- Lived on campus for at least 1 full semester
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
Candidates will participate in a group process. From there, invited candidates will complete a 30 minute interview with 2 residence life staff members.
Additional information and locations will be given to candidates in advance via email.
Living on campus immerses you in the full collegiate experience, able to participate in activities all around campus with just a walk.